So much of what we see and use around us involves plastic. From the packaging of goods to our kitchens full of plastic baggies just waiting to be filled and then tossed away. This ubiquitous product is uniquely versatile but toxic to our environment, threatening our ecosystems, wildlife, and human health.
However, with conscious choices we are able to reduce our single-use plastics and bring about shared shifts in our communities. Making one simple swap, like switching to Swoofe's Reusable Food Wraps, can spare the environment hundreds of plastic waste each year.
Here are a few more tips for ridding your life of single-use plastics with some simple choices to be the impact.
- Reusable Food Wraps: Skip the plastic baggies and cling wrap and replace them with reusable food wraps. Swoofe’s beautifully designed wraps are made with beeswax and natural ingredients so they are non-toxic. Lasting over 100+ uses, these game-changing storage alternatives are highly versatile, wrapping up your sandwiches and produce to covering bowls. Best of all, they are compostable!
- Reusable Shopping Bags: Take reusable bags and totes when shopping. Leave a couple of bags in your car trunk, backpack, or by your front door so you never miss the opportunity to help reduce plastic waste! Some retailers also provide a small kick-back credit when you bring your own bags too. Now that’s a win-win!
- Metal Straws: Do without plastic straws and invest in a couple of metal straws. Pack it with your lunch and bamboo-made utensils for a quick, sustainable way to dine.
- Buy in Bulk: One of the best ways to help reduce single-use plastic is to purchase in bulk. Avoiding individually packaged goods and opt for options where less packaging is used.
- Carry a Reusable Water Bottle: Another way to reduce single-use plastics is simply by using a reusable water bottle. By making the choice to refill your reusable container instead of consuming a plastic bottle, you are helping to reduce the plastic burden in our landfills and your carbon footprint.